Monday, September 3, 2018

Dinner at the Prairie Winery

Photos.

Bob resisted this picture, as evidenced by his look
The pleasant and very competent receptionist at the front desk (Holiday Inn Express - Hill City) suggested dinner at the Prairie Berry Winery. As a wine lover, I was delighted though not particularly hungry. Turned out I was hungry enough to eat most of one of the lunch specials, still on the menu at about 7:15 in the evening.

I loved my Caesar salad and open-faced veggie sandwich on a slice of artisan bread. Bob had the same, but with a BLT. Well, both of these meals looked too good to eat, more like works of art than supper. You'd think I would have taken a picture but I didn't. Gourmet and wonderful.

The very knowledgeable and patient woman at the cash register suggested an off-the-menu wine for me, "similar to a Pinot Noir". sold only to wine club members, until it works itself to the wine store and the menu. I think it was called something like "Meritage". So good, either alone or "paired with food".

Nice end to a great day. We returned to our hotel in the pitch darkness of the Black Hills. Though shortly after 8:00 p.m, night had really fallen, partly because of our closeness to the Central timezone.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if you have both been having a wonderful trip, sis!

    ReplyDelete